Monday, October 25, 2010

Almost perfect afternoon


After some sad family news I got in the car this afternoon thinking I'd head into town and pluck up the courage to do a few furtive sketches out the window of some hip coffee shop. Instead I ended up in our very own Obs Lower Main Rd. And I even found a good parking spot, which happened to be outside Revolution Records. My prejudices as to what bikers who sell second hand vinyl would listen to on a Monday afternoon were challenged. The jazz spilling onto the pavement made me reluctant to leave the car (silly, didn't go in and ask what it was) - perfect music for my mood and a perfect view to draw. It was all about to fall in a heap when I discovered I had my sketch pad but nothing to draw with. But, lucky me, I was parked directly opposite the art supply shop. Good excuse to spend 20 minutes browsing, came out with paint, a new sketch book, and yes, a black ink pen and a pencil.


Back in the car:



Then, just to make my little Observatory visit complete, I popped across the road into the deli and did another sketch while sipping on an organic beetroot and orange juice.

2 comments:

  1. Love the clutter of an old world main street.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this last one (the others too, but especially the last one). Hope the scribbling was a good antidote to sad news.
    - Janine

    ReplyDelete