Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Favourite views

I mentioned the other day that I have some favourite drawing spots. I also have some favourite views, strong landmarks that seem to crop up no matter where I seem to be sitting, like Table Mountain - NOT. Well yes, it is an example of this, it's not what I'm talking about here (in fact, don't get me started on that topic). In my part of the world, a big one is the flour siloes. Surprisingly, I don't find them ugly at all even though they're so huge and dominant. The factory buildings attached to them are old and quite beautiful - and all still in use.

Here they are on the horizon. They are fun to draw because of the strong vertical lines.




Close up, they can be rather looming.


I've got my eye on these siloes, so no doubt you'll see more of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment