Monday, October 12, 2009

Favourite pencil found


A while ago I was moaning that I'd lost my favourite pencil. I really had lost all hope of it turning up somewhere. But I shouldn't have been so pessimistic. Yesterday, I found it in one of those dreaded bowls that always mysteriously collect paper clips, coins, elastic bands and... my pencil!



 I like it because it is nice and thick, easy to hold, and the tip wears down more slowly than other pencils. Those of you who went to a white school in the bad old apartheid days may recognise it, every art classroom had masses of them. The days of government-issue school art supplies are over, so I don't have much hope of replacing it when it's finally reduced to a milimetre-long stub. Though I am sure there are boxes of them lurking in the back of some dusty artroom cupboard somewhere out there - not enough incentive to get me back to school though!

2 comments:

  1. Natal Provincial Administration. You have almost erased the evidence of aa pilferred pencil. What does it say for the amount of scribbling you do that your favourite pencil has lasted over 20 years! Or did it join your pencil box when you were a teacher?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's from school days. I found it in an old pencil case a few years ago. When it comes to stationery I'm a real horder! I have a whole stash of stuff going back to when I thought writing my name on everything in glitter pen was cool.

    ReplyDelete